Here are some of the important aspects you should consider when selecting the best hosting plan for your website;
- Get to know the requirements of your site
- Selecting an operating system
- Selecting between Dedicated and Shared solutions
- Making a comparison between hosting companies in order for you to select the better
Understanding the requirements of your site
You should first of all understand what your site requires for it to be in its gear mode. This is one of the trickiest situations to most webmasters because they select a hosting plan before they have checked on the requirements of their site. Here are some points you should consider as vital requirements for you site;
- The amount of disk space that your site will require
- The amount of bandwidth
- Does it require databases and if so what kind of databases?
- The script languages that it will use (Server-side Script Language)
- The Sevlet technology it uses
These points which have been outlined above will help you on selecting the best hosting provider or plan.
The majority of sites do not recommend much disk space and this would be at (-)100mb of space. When selecting a web hosting plan you also have to consider traffic generation to your site. Some web hosting plans will not keep track of the traffic that will be coming to your site and this will become difficult for the webmaster because you would need to know the number of visitors you get from your site.
When determining databases for your site you should also note that a web hosting plan may not provide databases so check if the hosting plan offers databases. Bear in mind that you should also know the number of databases that your site requires because some of the hosting plans offer limited databases.
So first and for most when you are selecting a web hosting plan you should consider what exactly your site requires.
The requirements of your site are the vital aspects for you to select the best web hosting plan.